Code of Ethics
The American Association of Daily Money Managers is committed to promoting high standards of client services provided by its members.
- As Daily Money Managers (DMMs), we provide assistance to clients who have difficulty managing their personal monetary and/or business affairs. As DMMs, we are not acting as accountants, financial advisors, or attorneys. Unless separately educated and properly licensed to do so.
- DMMs shall have concern for the well-being of their clients.
- DMMs shall treat clients, their family members, colleagues, and other professionals with fairness, discretion and integrity.
- DMMs shall not exploit their clients financially, socially, emotionally, sexually, physically, or in any other manner.
- DMMs shall avoid those relationships or activities that interfere with professional judgement and objectivity.
- DMMs shall disclose in writing any affiliations, association, or interest that may pose a potential conflict of interest or the appearance of impropriety.
- DMMs shall strive to ensure fees are fair, reasonable, and commensurate with the services performed.
- DMMs shall take reasonable precautions to avoid harm to the client or his/her property.
- DMMs shall respect the right of their clients.
- DMMs shall protect the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality in accordance with the laws of the state where the services are performed.
- DMMs shall achieve and maintain high standards of competence.
- DMMs shall accurately represent their professional experience and training and shall not act in any capacity for which they are not separately educated and properly licensed.
- DMMs shall keep current with issues affecting their clients (health insurance, consumer fraud, etc.) and maintain all licenses, registrations, certifications, and insurance required by law to perform their services.
- DMMs shall refer clients to other service providers or consult with the other service providers when additional knowledge and expertise are required.
How Can We Help
We have known Leona O’Connor and her family for many, many years. When Lee started her business, Fiscal Effects, LLC, we jumped aboard. Should the need arise, Leona is poised to step in and handle all our financial and personal affairs, and that is a very comforting feeling. We highly recommend Leona and her company Fiscal Effects”.